Yukon Register of Historic PlacesYRHP

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Train Crew's House 2

Cultural History

Train Crew's House 2

Cultural History

House was moved from the corner of Second Ave. and Jarvis St, to its current location at 1093 First Ave., sometime between 1963 and 1968. It was used by White Pass and Yukon Route for staff housing for railway employees. It was occupied by long time railway worker, Wayne Alleman. Last White Pass employee to live here was Willie Scheffler and his family, who moved out in 1993. The house was purchased by the Yukon Government in 1991 and has been rehabilitated as office space.