- Siting of the building on its lot and orientation to First Avenue and Steele Street.
- Exterior architectural elements such as the roof its cladding, decorative pole starburst in the gable ends, full length open porch and roof, posts and railings.
- The original fenestration and original windows.
- Exposed log construction and extension of central partition wall through to the exterior.
- Lapped timber construction of northern addition.
- Interior and exterior trims.
- Interior plan, including the log partition, original openings, stairs and closets.
- Exposed, as seen from the ground floor, second floor joists and upper level floor boards.