Yukon Register of Historic PlacesYRHP

Bank Of Commerce

Bank Of Commerce

Bank Of Commerce

Bank Of Commerce

Bank Of Commerce

Cultural History

Bank Of Commerce

Cultural History

The Government of Canada owned this land, and the Canadian Bank of Commerce held a continuous lease from Her Majesty since 1901. The Canadian Bank of Commerce built the building in 1901; it was used continuously as the Bank of Commerce until 1989. The contemporary bank now resides on Second Avenue. The second floor apartment was originally for bank staff. The bank was purchased by the City of Dawson in 2012 and is currently undergoing conservation work.