Yukon Register of Historic PlacesYRHP

P. Denhardt Cabin

P. Denhardt Cabin

P. Denhardt Cabin

P. Denhardt Cabin

P. Denhardt Cabin

P. Denhardt Cabin

P. Denhardt Cabin

Cultural History

P. Denhardt Cabin

Cultural History

This building may have been constructed by Paul Dennhardt, miner. The land title patent was registered in 1900. This area is the oldest residential section in the town. By 1901, Dennhardt had sold the property to B S Downing, the Dawson contractor for the U S mail. He lived here until 1905 when the building was sold to Nils Peterson. In 1907 it was purchased by Charles Redmond. He sold it to William Kay in 1910, and Kay sold it to Murdock McCuish in 1914. In 1918 it was purchased by George Thompson, a laborer for the Yukon Gold Co. Thompson owned it until 1937 when he sold it to George Berg. Joseph Wachowski purchased the property in 1962, the City of Dawson assumed the property in 1989 due to unpaid property taxes.