Yukon Register of Historic PlacesYRHP

Casey Car House

Casey Car House

Casey Car House

Casey Car House

Casey Car House

Additional Information

Casey Car House

Additional Information

"All along the railway, there were dozens of utility buildings for storage equipment and materials used by section crews in the maintenance and operation of the railway. A casey car was housed here. Casey cars were small, gas-powered rail trucks that transported crews to their work sites. The vintage of the structure is unknown though its design and shiplap siding would place it before 1950. It was likely that it was moved onto this site and had previously served a different purpose. According to one source, it may have been the residence of the railway section foreman and was moved here from Whiskey Flats. The building features a set of double doors track-side to allow ease of access for the car."

Excerpt from Edge of the River,Heart of the City by H.Dobrowolsky & R.Ingram, Lost Moose 1994.